The Trans Wellness Center (TWC) provides comprehensive resources and services for transgender and non-binary people under one roof. The 3,000-square-foot center is the first-of-its-kind in the United States, with six local organizations joining forces to create this new home for wellness. The TWC was conceived and created by community leaders and allies, honoring their lifelong dedication to raise awareness about the needs and the contributions of the transgender community
Funded through a $1 million annual grant for three to five years from the L.A. County Department of Public Health, the development and opening of the TWC was 10 years in the making. As a result, the TWC was formed by the following six local community organizations: APAIT (Asian Pacific AIDS Intervention Team); Bienestar; Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles; Friends Community Center; [email protected] Coalition; and the Los Angeles LGBT Center, which is leading the management and operations support for the TWC. Below are just some of the amazing programming offered by the Trans Wellness Center.
Get important info on the updated status of Trans Wellness Center services
* Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and adherence to social distancing guidelines, our office is limiting clients in the lobby to 4 max at a time, and only clients who have an appointment to receive in-person services that otherwise couldn’t be provided via phone appointment. We encourage clients to first utilize Email / Phone to contact us before visiting our office:
Trans Wellness Center: 323-993-2900 / [email protected]
⚠️ New Client Registration portal: beyou.mytranswellness.org ⚠️
- Note our *NEW* Hours: M-F, 10AM-2PM, 3PM-7PM Website: www.mytranswellness.org
- Address: 3055 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 360, Los Angeles, Ca 90010
- Getting here; The TWC is located one block (.2 mi) east of the Vermont/Wilshire Metro stop.
- Parking; Free validated parking for clients is available in the guest garage, entrance off Westmoreland Ave. Retain white ticket to receive blue validation.
JUNE SPECIAL DATES:
Fri, 6/4, Pride Resource Fair and DRAG SHOW, APAIT 3rd floor OUTDOOR patio, 11AM-4PM. (See attached flyers)
- $25 AmEx for Trans* clients getting HIV test, rapid results!
- Food, raffle, games, prizes!
- 3055 Wilshire Blvd. 3rd floor
Mon, 6/7, Your Money During Covid-19 Workshop, via Zoom, RSVP to get Mtg ID & PW (See attached flyers)
- Presented in both Spanish and English
- Must be registered client of TWC
- RSVP to [email protected]
- $50 AmEx gift card for participants
Fri, 6/11-13, LA Pride / CSW, https://lapride.org/
Thurs, 6/17-19, TransPride LA! All virtual, visit: https://transpride.lalgbtcenter.org/
Sat, 6/19, Juneteenth, aka Freedom Day, Jubilee Day, Liberation Day, and Emancipation Day.
Sun, 6/20, Father’s Day
ONLINE Support Groups :
- *NEW* TransMasc Intergenerational Exchange, 2nd Friday each month, 3PM-4PM. Facilitated by Luckie Alexander. A space designed to bridge the generational gaps and discuss the unique challenges of the TransMasculine community.
- ZOOM Meeting ID: 747-290-599 / Password: 269738
- ZOOM Meeting ID: 747-290-599 / Password: 269738
- Toolbox presented by APAIT; Every Friday, 5:30PM-7:30PM. Now alternating between in-person and Zoom meetings. A Trans-masculine discussion group & support space. Enrollment: Open/Free.
- Email Julian for exact dates and Zoom mtg ID and PW: [email protected]
- TransAction, presented by Friend’s Community Center. M-F, 6:00PM-7:00PM. A support group for transgender women at any stage of transition, many participants are in a marginal or transitional living situation. Enrollment: Open/Free
- Call to RSVP: (323) 463-1601
YOUTH SUPPORT GROUPS – Presented Online by CHLA (for youth under 25)
- Trans Brave Space – Thursdays, 4PM-5PM, Presented online for Youth under 25. Enrollment: Open/Free. To RSVP
- Ms. Chandi Moore (Beyonce pronouns): [email protected]
- B. L.U.S.H. Fridays, 3PM-4:30PM (Brave Leaders Unified to Strengthen our Health) Presented online for youth under 25. Enrollment: Open/Free. To RSVP:
- Chandi Moore (Beyonce pronouns): [email protected]
Benefits/Insurance Enrollment: Assistance enrolling in Medi-Cal, CalFresh, CalWorks, other programs. As well as help navigating the Covered California marketplace and finding appropriate plans that are best for Trans* patients.
- Contact Alexandra Magallon (Linkage & Retention Coordinator) for an insurance enrollment appointment:
- (323) 860-3717
- Email, [email protected]
Trans Can Work: Every Wednesday, 11AM-6PM. *In Person* Appointment only. Resume & cover letter composition, mock interview, job readiness, and more! Call to make an appointment:
- Sydney Rogers; (213) 718-1211, or email: [email protected]
Freedom Mondays & Fridays: legal name & gender marker change. Free assistanceevery Monday & Friday 10AM-5PM.
- Provided *In person* by TEEP (Transgender Economic Empowerment Project).
- To make an appointment call: TWC Main line: (323) 993-2900, or,
- Email: [email protected]
Legal Assistance: For other legal questions & navigation (not related to name & gender marker change) contact the Legal clinic of the LA LGBT Center:
- English: (323) 993-7668
- Spanish: (323) 993-7692
Housing Referrals: Info and referrals to emergency shelters, transitional living facilities. Please note: the TWC does not have beds or housing.
- Call TWC main line for more info: 323-993-2900.
Sexual Health & Testing
STI testing Thursdays, 10AM-2PM. Free. By appointment only, Call for more info: 323-993-2900
Walk-ins are welcome but will not be incentivized.
Only appointments made for testing on Thurs/Fri will be incentivized.
Our testing is conducted inside the APAIT storefront, hours: M-F, 9AM-4:30PM
Incentivized 💲 HIV testing ONLY Thursdays & Fridays, by appointment only.
- Call to make an appointment: (323) 993-2900
- Incentivized testing hours: 11:30AM-4:30PM
- Trans* ID’d clients RECEIVE 💲25 💳 American Express Gift Card.
Already know your HIV status? Are you out of care? Get linked back into care with the LGBT Center.
- Receive $25 💳 AmEx incentive for getting back into care.
- Call for more info: 323-993-2900
Safer sex materials are always FREE and available in TWC lobby – variety of internal and external condoms, lube, dental dams.
- PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis): ask any TWC team member about PrEP!
- PrEP is one pill you take every day to stay HIV negative.
- $25 AmEx for making your first PrEP appointment!
- Walk-ins welcome for PrEP navigation M-F, 10AM-6PM.
- And every Tuesday our PrEP Navigator, Gabriel Flores (He/Him) is in office 10AM-6PM to answer all your questions.
- Call for more info (323) 993-2900.
- Info and linkage to PEP (Post-Exposure Prophylaxis)
- For more info call LGBT Center Health Services main line: (323) 993-7500
Trans Health Clinic (THP)
Primary Care – HRT – Gender Affirming Surgery Referrals
>>To begin patient registration call: 323-993-2900<<
✅ Have insurance? We accept the same insurance plans as the Los Angeles LGBT Center; We accept most insurances except Kaiser HMO. Call to find out if we accept your insurance: (323) 993-2900.
❎ Don’t have insurance? Call us to get help enrolling in insurance: (323) 993-2900.
Primary Care Appointments: Thursdays, 10am-2pm, 3pm-6pm. Most appointments are conducted via Tele-Health & Video visit. By appointment only.
- Primary Care
- HRT (Hormones)
- Gender affirming surgery referrals
- Crisis Counseling available via Tele-health phone call. Please call the LGBT Center Mental health department: 323-993-7500 ext. 5.
- Therapy: Wednesdays, 9AM-1PM via Tele-health sessions w certified therapist. Up to 16 sessions available.
- Call TWC main line to register and make an appointment: 323-993-2900
- We accept most insurances except Kaiser HMO.
*Appointment Only* Open every Tuesday 11:30AM-4PM. Max 10 clients a day.
- To make appointment please call 323-993-2900.
- Item limits:
- Clothes (Max 6x clothing items, 1x pair of shoes)
- Cosmetics (Max 3x items)
- Hygiene products (upon request, in reasonable amounts)
Want to donate to our clothing closet?
Donations are accepted M-F, 11AM-5PM.
For donations of substantial size, please call ahead to set-up an agreed upon time to drop off.
TWC main line: 323-993-2900.
We need the following items:
- Chest Binders – New & gently used
- New underwear (men’s and women’s)
- New socks
- Jeans – New & gently used (Men’s 29-38, Women’s 6-18)
- Jackets – New & gently used
- Deodorants & body wash
We do not accept:
- soiled or torn clothes
- Children’s sizes (too small)
- Cleaning products
- Household/kitchen items
Want to donate in another way to the Trans Wellness Center? Contact us here: [email protected] , or TWC main line: 323-993-2900
Serving South LA and surrounding communities, offering HIV testing, access to PrEP and PEP services, housing case management, mental health services, computer lab, drop-in safe space for everyone, with a focus on serving the needs of young gay and bisexual men of color ages 12 to 29.
You can also register to receive updates regarding services offered and invitations for groups, activities and community engagement events by following this link:
Unfortunately, discrimination in the workplace against transgender people is still alarmingly common. That’s why the Los Angeles LGBT Center offers services to help transgender women and men develop professional skills, find employment with trans-friendly employers and thrive in the workplace.
Free Services Include: — One-on-one sessions with a client advocate — Help setting and achieving career goals — Job Interview Workshops — Help Crafting a powerful resume — Name and gender change and other legal assistance, both employment and non-employment related, including criminal record expungement
Call: (323) 993-7410 / E-mail: [email protected]
LifeWorks Mentoring is seeking volunteers who are 28 years+ and identify within the TGI/ENBY+ community. All new volunteers will go through a pre-match training to gain skills and ideas in supporting LGBTQ+ youth as a LifeWorks Mentor. TGI/ENBY+ mentors are the second-most sought out type of mentors new mentee applicants are hoping to connect with (33% of new youth who have come in since November 2020 identify as trans*.
Our One-on-One Mentoring Program offers youth the opportunity to be matched for 12-months with an adult in our community who will guide them towards achieving short-term goals through five achievement areas: home, health, education, career, and personal development.
Each mentor is guided on effective ways to support their mentee – not as parents or teachers, but as guides, supporting youth achieve their absolute best selves. Mentors and mentees are required to communicate at a minimum of 4 hours a month via phonecall, videocall, instant messaging, etc. Interested applicants can apply at the link below.
If you have questions, contact Mentoring Coordinator Emmy Martinez at 323-860-7391 or [email protected].
Check out this amazing video to tell you more about being a mentor! https://youtu.be/AhQ3sy6er6M
As an organization founded and sustained by volunteers, the Los Angeles LGBT Center offers a wide range of meaningful opportunities to support its mission to build a world where LGBTQ people thrive as healthy, equal and complete members of society. Why should you volunteer at the Center?
- To participate in fun and exciting events.
- To meet other great people who support the Center’s mission
- Because we depend on YOU! The Center wouldn’t exist without the support of its dedicated volunteers.
From client-focused opportunities, to supporting fundraising events, the Center offers a wide range of volunteer opportunities throughout the year. To learn more about the Center’s volunteer program, please register to attend our next Volunteer Information Session. You can register using the link on their website below.
For more information, please contact [email protected] or 323-993-8984.